Our New Safety Standard
The safety of our guests and team members continues to be our first priority. As we reopen our dining rooms, we have implemented significant changes to reflect that sentiment.
Here is our new safety standard.
Facility Upgrades with Your Safety in Mind
Enhanced sanitization and air filtration
- We clean and disinfect all high-touchpoint surfaces with CDC and EPA-compliant cleaning products after each use or at least every 30 minutes.
- We deep clean the restaurant with CDC and EPA-compliant cleaning products each night.
- We are upgrading all of our air filters to MERV 13.
- We have placed hand sanitizer stations throughout the restaurant.
Changes to Our Steps of Service to Reduce Contact
Promoting social distancing
- We are reservation-only with limited seating.
- We require all members of the party to be present before seating to comply with government requirements: maximum of 6 guests per party for CA locations, and 5 guests for WA and OR locations.
- We have arranged tables such that all guests are 6 feet apart from other guests.
- We promote social distancing using clear floor and table signage.
- We have separated our dine-in and pick-up queues.
- We require all guests to wear face coverings or masks if required by local health guidelines.
Contactless and cashless payments
- We have digitized our picture and bar menus so you can view them by scanning our QR codes.
- We are now fully cashless and have contactless payment available.
Limiting cross contamination when dining-in
- We provide all guests with the option to pack leftovers themselves at the table.
- We provide the option for disposable containers, utensils, and straws, whenever possible.
- We continue to offer contactless delivery and pick-up options. Bags are safely sealed for take-out and delivery orders.
Screening and Educating Our Team Members
Symptom and temperature screening and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- We require all team members to self-screen at home for symptoms and exposure before every shift.
- We conduct wellness screenings and temperature checks at the beginning of each shift.
- We require all team members to wear face masks and gloves at all times.
Handwashing and enhanced sanitization
- We require all team members to wash their hands in line with CDC guidelines.
Educating our team members
- We train all team members on COVID-19 educational topics.
Keeping Our Community Safe
Checking for symptoms
- If you have a cough, fever, or symptoms of COVID-19, please do not dine-in until you are symptom-free and fever-free.
- We ask that you do not dine-in for 14 days or until you have tested negative for COVID-19 if:
- 1. You have tested positive for COVID-19;
- 2. You have traveled internationally within the past fourteen days;
- 3. You have come into contact with a family member or friend who has traveled internationally;
- 4. You come into contact with an infected individual.
Your safety is our top priority
We will continue to update our safety standards in line with further guidance from the CDC and local health officials.
We thank you for your trust and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
March 17, 2021: We have successfully reopened the following locations for indoor dining in California:
March 17, 2021 - California: Americana at Brand, Del Amo Fashion Center, Westfield UTC
March 15, 2021 - California: Westfield Santa Anita, South Coast Plaza, Westfield Century City
March 10, 2021 - California: Westfield Valley Fair
February 22, 2021: We have successfully reopened the following locations for outdoor dining in California, and indoor dining in Washington and Oregon:
February 22, 2021 - California: Westfield Santa Anita
February 12, 2021 - Oregon: Washington Square
February 8, 2021 - California: Americana at Brand, Westfield Century City
February 3, 2021 - California: South Coast Plaza
February 1, 2021 - California: Westfield UTC, Washington: Lincoln Square, Pacific Place, University Village, Westfield Southcenter
July 3, 2020: To comply with government requirements, we have resumed take-out and delivery only at all California locations:
July 3, 2020 - California: Westfield UTC
July 1, 2020 - California: Westfield Santa Anita, Americana at Brand, Westfield Century City, Del Amo Fashion Center, South Coast Plaza
We have contactless pick-up and delivery options available. To order online, please click here.
June 15, 2020: We have successfully reopened the following locations for dine-in:
June 15, 2020 - Washington: Westfield Southcenter
June 11, 2020 - California: South Coast Plaza
June 10, 2020 - California: Westfield Santa Anita, Americana at Brand, Westfield Century City, Del Amo Fashion Center, Washington: Lincoln Square, Pacific Place, University Village
June 1, 2020 - California: Westfield UTC, Oregon: Washington Square
We will continue to make decisions that we feel are in the best interests of our team members, guests, and the community at large. We thank you again for your continued trust and support.
June 12, 2020 - Arcadia Store 1 Permanent Closure
We have made the difficult decision to permanently close our first U.S. location, Arcadia Store 1. Din Tai Fung has always been a family-owned restaurant. We first opened this location 20 years ago to introduce Taiwanese cuisine, culture, and our signature Xiao Long Bao to our guests here in the United States. Since then, through the gracious support of our community, we have been able to share the Din Tai Fung experience throughout the West Coast. This year marks the 20th anniversary of this location, making this decision all the more heartbreaking.
We sincerely thank you for your loyalty and support over the past 20 years. We look forward to continuing to serve you at our Westfield Santa Anita location.